It’s really easy and cheap to make your own low back bra converter, follow the steps below.
- You will need elastic and bra fasteners (the part at the back with the hooks and eyes). The fasteners are usually sold at sewing stores or you can cut them off an old bra. Fasteners come with different numbers of hooks in the rows so get the one that is most likely to fit the bras you wear, go for 2 hooks in a row if you aren’t sure. Use elastic that will feel comfortable against your skin, get a piece that is a bit longer than your waist measurement to make sure you have enough. It will look better if the elastic is the same width as the fastener (the one in the pictures uses narrower elastic but it still works fine).
- Sew one end of the elastic into one of the fasteners, there will be an opening that it slips into. Sew back over it a couple of times to make sure it’s secure.
- Put the piece of elastic around your waist to get the length and pin the other fastening to the elastic (don’t cut it yet). Make sure you attach it the right way up, if the one with the eyes faces up the piece with the hooks should face down.
- Attach one end to your bra.
- Put it on by wrapping the elastic around your front and back around to the back (be careful of the pin). Adjust it around your waist until it feels like the right position for how low you want it to go. If the elastic is too loose or tight undo it, re-pin it and put it back on until you find the right length.
- When you have found the right length for the elastic cut it and sew it on like you did with the other end.
Done, to use it put it on like you did in steps 4 and 5.