For quick fix nipple covers use 2 plasters (Band-Aids) in a cross over each nipple. The good thing about this is you know plasters are designed to go on your skin so the adhesive is safe. The padding will go over your nipple so the sticky bit of the plaster will be on the less sensitive part of your skin.
- Don’t apply over broken, damaged or sun-burned skin.
- If you are worried you will have a reaction to the adhesive do a patch test first by using a small piece on yourself. The inside of your arm is a good place as it isn’t hairy so won’t hurt as much when you take it off.
- Don’t use moisturisers or powders on the area before you apply it, they will make it harder for it to stick to your skin.
- Adhesives can come loose if you are sweating a lot. Try to avoid using them if this will be a problem, or make sure the adhesive is in an area where you don’t sweat much.
- Clean and dry the skin before sticking anything to it, wiping with rubbing alcohol will help remove oils and dirt.
- Have a hot shower or soak in the bath if you are having trouble getting it off.
- If you have sticky residue left on your skin after removal you can get rid of it by using some baby oil on cotton wool and rubbing gently. Solvents like nail polish remover will work too but they aren’t as gentle on your skin.